Applications for the use of
the septic tank:
Solids are digested in the first compartment and then liquid flows into the
second compartment and soaks away into the soak-pit.
Is when the divider wall that slides into the tank is removed.
Long Drop System:
Tank put on border of 4 plots to service all plots, with the option to link
water later and use same applications as the three options above.
Small Bore System:
Is the same method as the Soak-Away System. The
liquid runs off into small bore sewer network.
images to enlarge.
Soak-Away, Pump and Long Drop Systems can
all be upgraded to a Small Bore Sewerage System.
The Advantage of a Small
- Most of the solids are digested in the
tank, which relieves the pressure on the sewer works.
- Small Bore pipe network (because only the
liquids are moved).
- Large cost saving.
- Extend sewer network without increasing
The Advantage of the
- Due to weight and design of the tank it
will not float in heavy rains and high water tables.
- The tank can be placed in light traffic
loads, e.g. in a drive way.
- The tank cannot be damaged by rodents,
- Installation is quick.